What's up with the new storetop menus?
- The storetop menus now appear at the top of every Hyena Cart store. They contain all sorts of useful links -- you just need to know they're there :)
- On the left hand side, if you're logged in, you see the welcome message and the drop-down menu contains links back to your My HC page, purchase history, other management pages, and a
new page, the "A/L history" or Auction and Lottery history page, which shows you all the auctions and lotteries you've recently bid on or entered :)
If you aren't logged in, you will see the "Login | Register" links.
- Under the Hyena Cart menu, you'll see links back to the calendar page, the random spots page, the forums, etc. Here again, you'll find another cool new feature, the "Jump to store..." page, which allows you to type in the name of a store (or part of one) and looks up the name for you, then jumps to that store when you hit "Go!"
- Next, you'll see a drop-down menu with the name of the store you're currently shopping. Under that menu, you'll see links to the store's main store page, feedback page, past items, etc.
This is also where you can mark the store as one of your favorites, or open the "contact seller" window.
Here again, you'll find several new features (now you see why we're so excited about these storetop menus :) ). First off, there's the "Search this store" page, which allows you to search this particular store for certain keywords. Next, there's the "Share this store" link, which allows you to easily share the store url in facebook, twitter, and many other social networking sites.
- Finally, you'll see a drop-down menu called "This item", which is only activated when you're on an item listing page (not a store-level page). This is where your "Spot this item" link
is now located. There's a "Share this listing" link for the social networking sites again. And finally, our last new feature, an "Add to MyRegistry" page. We have partnered with
MyRegistry.com to allow you to create custom gift lists, which can include items from anywhere on the internet (but especially from HC ;) ). This is perfect for creating baby
shower gift lists, birthday lists (for you and the kids!), and holiday lists.
- Finally, of course, there's the date and time. Nothing too special there except that it now appears on every page (the better to help you in those high-pressure stalking
situations!) You'll also notice that the menu bar stays at the top of the page even if you've scrolled down to the bottom of a listing. You may also notice other changes on the
product details pages, like easy to read prices at the top, and handy text to help you count down to stocking time at the bottom.
- Why are the storetop menus so small? We get this question a lot. The answer is, it is very important at HC that the store owner be able to control the look and feel of his or her shop. We have tried to keep the storetop menus as unobtrusive as possible, to avoid any conflicts or clashes with existing store designs.
- That is it! We hope that the storetop menus make it easier and more fun for you to navigate the HC shops. Please let us know your feedback anytime. You can contact us at email@example.com or leave comments on this blog posting. Thanks so much for shopping HC!!!