POLICIES UPDATED 3/30/2012 at 4:00pm
My main policy is to COMMUNICATE with me! I will go to great lengths to resolve any issues you might encounter with your Bunzuke purchase! I can be contacted through Hyena Cart, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), and on Facebook. I am easy to get a hold of and respond quickly.
Sometimes, there are glitches in the server, my internet provider, and/or other unforeseen unfortunate events. I reserve the right to resolve these issues at my own discretion, so long as they do not violate Hyena Cart policies.
I stock most diapers using the "Buy it now" option. When you click 'Buy it Now", you are committing to buying that item the moment you click. It is placed in your shopping cart and cannot be deleted and automatically relisted. Sometimes, even after I delete a "pending" order, it does not delete it from your cart. If a payment status is still pending after about 15 minutes, I will usually send you an e-mail to double check on your order. Whether you decide to pay for the diaper or have me restock it, you must respond to my e-mail! No payment or response will result in a "flagging." Now, I don't like to go around "flagging" people, so please stay in touch! Don't leave me fretting on the other end of the interwebz, praying that your baby didn't flush a bath toy (or himself) down the toilet while you were "stalking!"
Oh man, auctions can be something else! If you are the highest bidder, a speedy payment is expected. I understand that there may be circumstances that slow down the payment process. If 30 minutes has gone by and a payment is still pending, I will send you an e-mail along the lines of "pay up!" Meanwhile, I'm also e-mailing the second highest bidder with "do you still want the auction diaper?" I give a gracious amount of time for the original high bidder to respond and an annoying amount of "double checking" e-mails before making a decision on what to do with the diaper, in terms of offering it to the second highest bidder or re-auctioning. Again, communication is key. Honesty is the best policy, so even if you've decided to back out, it is VERY important that you notify me. It is the considerate thing to do for me and other customers. NON-PAYMENT can result in getting flagged and the closing of your Hyena Cart account!!
Refunds/ Wash & Wear
I take your COMPLETE satisfaction in Bunzuke Cloth products very seriously. It benefits neither one of us for you to have an ill functioning diaper. You have 14 days to use your diaper. You can return it within that time period, for ANY reason, and I will issue a refund. However, 2 weeks can go by REALLY fast and I don't want you to end up with a "bottom of the stack" diaper because it is now day 15 (or 55). Some restrictions may apply. As in, if you are using the same Bunzuke on baby #5 and the fabric has started to fade and you want your money back, type of deal. Even then, chances are high that I will go to great lengths to make sure you remain a happy customer! I will take each complaint on a case by case basis and am under NO obligation to refund/repair/buy back/replace or stand on my head and juggle. For both of our sakes though, I suggest adhering to the following "rules." Mostly, I just want to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not taking advantage of the work I put into my diapers, while at the same time making you understand that I am not a cheatin' con artist waiting to rip you off! Failure to adhere to the following rules may possibly void the "14 day" wash and wear trial:
1. Send me an e-mail stating that you received the diaper, the date, and the condition of the diaper (excellent, good, fair, poor), and that you have read and understand the "rules."
2. The offer is void 14 days from the date you received the diaper.*
3. I will refund the cost of the diaper upon receiving it.
4. I am not responsible if it is lost in the mail upon return.
5. A refund will not be applied to a diaper that is destroyed or damaged, beyond repair, from improper care or misuse.
*Time period may vary on a case by case basis.
What is Wear and Tear
What includes normal wear and tear?
- slight fading of the outer fabric
- slight pilling of the microchamois
- some staining
- slight detergent buildup
- thinning along seams from wash and handling, etc.
Improper use and care includes, but is not limited to:
- Letting your fur baby use the diaper as a chew toy
- Using the diaper on your Swiffer wet jet because you ran out of the regular pads
- Botching the snaps because you wanted to experiment with touch tape
- Using the diaper as a tiki torch or other flammable object
- Staining from feeding your infant or toddler blue raspberry blowpops, multiple ocean waters, and blue gummy anythings
- Letting older sibling pull infant or toddler around while diaper wearing younger sibling holds on to a rope etc.
- Letting husband use diaper as a shop rag
- adding a cup of snuggles to your rinse and adding 5 dryer sheets because you wanted them to be extra soft
- Pouring bleach on a poop stain
- Rolling the diaper up in your car window to dry on your way to the store - Forgetting to take the diaper off the line through rain, snow, and shine for extended periods of time.
- Using your Bunzuke as a swim diaper at the local mud hole.
- Losing the diaper and finding it weeks later with mold or other live organisms