Latest posts 
 ProfileProfile   Private messagesPrivate messages   SearchSearch 

Kaylee will be starting dance classes in September!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBTreasures
My gut says boy, so I voted girl.

HC$ 159.64

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Kaylee will be starting dance classes in September!!! Reply with quote

She has really wanted to for quite a while. She wants to be a ballerina and a Girl Scout. Girl Scouts, no problem. I can do that. Dance classes... The only ones I found in my area were 20 minutes away and $20+ a week... Just no way we could handle that, shoes, outfit, etc.
I was talking to my neighbor, and she said her daughter just joined a little known dance studio in our town! Little known because it's a newer studio. It's also only $35 a month!!! Kaylee's excited, DH is excited, and I'm excited. Kay loves that they do half an hour of ballet, then half of tap. She can't actually join the classes (only watch) right now because it's so close to the May recital, but at least we know she wants to go, and it's affordable!!
MunchkinWear
Sock Ninja

HC$ 560.72

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Love when things work out like that when it was first thought they wouldn't...especially when it comes to our LOs and the ability to allow them to do something they really want to do. Wink
MunchkinWear on Etsy
Facebook
Feel free to contact me for possible customs/trades
JBTreasures

HC$ 159.64

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I've got to figure out where to get decent shoes... and decide if I should get them now a size big, or wait in fear that she'll grow two!
MamaAllison
Maxed out Hyena

HC$ 12.17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! When we shopped for shoes, we found that our local dance supply shop was the same price as Payless - but obviously way better quality shoes ($15/pair). We went w/the indy dance shop, and they were awesome at fitting DD's feet. If there isn't anywhere local, you can also try discountdancesupply.com Have fun! Smile
JBTreasures

HC$ 159.64

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamaAllison wrote:
That's great! When we shopped for shoes, we found that our local dance supply shop was the same price as Payless - but obviously way better quality shoes ($15/pair). We went w/the indy dance shop, and they were awesome at fitting DD's feet. If there isn't anywhere local, you can also try discountdancesupply.com Have fun! Smile

Thank you for the ideas!!! Thinking I'm going to wait until closer to the end of the summer to really start looking, because I just know if I buy them, she'll grow. lol But I will be adding that to my spreadsheet of places to look!
MamaAllison
Maxed out Hyena

HC$ 12.17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBTreasures wrote:
MamaAllison wrote:

Thank you for the ideas!!! Thinking I'm going to wait until closer to the end of the summer to really start looking, because I just know if I buy them, she'll grow. lol But I will be adding that to my spreadsheet of places to look!

Yeah, that's a good idea. Smile
couchhound
Yarn hoarder comin' through!

HC$ 228.04

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dd1 has done ballet this year and is totally in love. She is "teaching" dd2 here at home and it is so cute. Hooray for affordable classes closer to home!
Grandmama to a new hounder, Molly
Much Love Amy Dog 4-28-00 to 5-31-09
navars2
Maxed out Hyena

HC$ 190.65

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait until the end of summer to get the shoes and then have them fitted with thick socks over her tights. This way, you can get them big and have the socks fill up some of the extra space. As you move through the year, you can move to thinner socks and then no socks. Usually you can at least make it through a whole year this way. Actually, DD, is on year 2 of her shoes but she's 8 now and has always had slower growing feet. Just need to make it through the last month before the recital. That's for tap shoes. Ballet slippers are more forgiving because they're pretty form fitting. Smile

You can also stuff some cotton in the toe if you need to help too big shoes fit at the beginning of the year. :D
Just Nikki
Seamstress by day, Zombie Slayer by Nite

HC$ 308.78

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy it worked out!!
Complete Gallery
JBTreasures

HC$ 159.64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ladies!!!

Love the sock trick! I also found out the instructor offers tap shoes for $15 a pair, about half what they are in the store, because she gets them bulk. Considering that, and we'll do the ballet shoes closer to the time we need them.

Also glad I asked what colors were required. Black tap and pink ballet, which I figured, but they're also required a pink leotard (forgot to ask if it has to be long or short sleeve, or if she can wear either depending on the time of year,) and pink stockings/leggings. She can wear any tutu she wants. YAY!! We have a decent variety of those.
asteiner18
WOO HOO! It's TWINS!

HC$ 69.64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Letteloves dance and too will start in september now that she is in underwear! A bit more expensive here though Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HC Forums Forum Index -> Hyena Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: