I know “cart jumping” (where items jump from one customer’s cart to another) has been an issue ongoing. I *think* it’s fixed now. Please, from here on in, if you receive a report of cart jumping, let me know and put me in touch with the shoppers that experienced the issue. Thanks so much!
If you recall, a while back, we changed things so Spots’ Corner advertising could only be purchased with ‘real’ money vs. HC$. Well, we’ve temporarily changed that so that you can use HC$ for Spots’ Corner advertising again. How long will we leave it this way? Not sure, but take advantage of it while you can If you’re not sure how to earn HC$, there are two main ways:
- Chat on the forums. You’ll make HC$ just by chatting http://hyenacart.com/phpbb/ You’ll need to be logged into your shopping account to post on the forums
- List items in your store for HC$. Just list in your title that you’ll accept HC$ for the item and also mention it in the listing text. After someone makes the purchase, you can let them know where to donate the HC$ (i,e,, send them a link to your forum profile page — to find that link go to Welcome >> Manage account and click on your forum name in the upper right of the page)
Just a quick note to let you know I’ve added vendor page links to your stores. In other words, if you have been recently logged in to your vendor pages (within 15 minutes), when you visit your store, you’ll see a link (either “Edit your store” or “Edit your listing”) up in the top menu bar (to the right of the Welcome message) that will take you directly to your vendor pages.
Hope that makes things just a little easier for you
Just wanted to let you know you now have the option to set your auctions to private bidding. You can do this from your Store Settings >> Profile page, all the way at the bottom.
Just a quick update for Single-user (HC Multi) store owners: if you go to your Order History page, you’ll see two new links next to each order. One is for contacting the buyer (to request payment, or ask clarifying questions regarding the order), and the other is to notify the buyer of an order shipment. Please give them a try and let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.
Just wanted to send a few small updates:
- Most emails are going through now. The one exception is domains hosted at GoDaddy.com. GoDaddy is blocking emails from our IP although it does not have a Poor reputation or appear on any blacklists. I’m going to work to see if there is any way to petition them to whitelist our IP. If you host with GoDaddy, feel free to make the same request of them. Our IP is 22.214.171.124
- I made an update to the cart code to ensure that, when shoppers re-check out with the same item (if, for example, they weren’t able to get to Paypal the first time through), it does not create a new order in your order history. It should refer back to the already existing order
- I’d like to fix the issues people have been seeing with cart jumping, etc., but I’m still looking for more detail on what the behavior looks like. If you’ve seen this behavior at any of your stockings, could you email me the details of what happened to firstname.lastname@example.org? Thanks!
OK — we are working through our last little glitch and then we can all get back to business as usual. Some users still have not been able to receive emails from the server (for example, users with AOL email addresses). For those of you who are tech-y, the issue was that the reverse DNS on the server wasn’t enabled. This has been corrected and everyone should start receiving emails within the next day or so.
So, I’m going to let that settle and then resume work on improving the site. Next few jobs:
- Add links for sellers on the order history page to send shipping notifications / other communications with shopper
- Re-vamp cart code on individual stores — I keep hearing issues with cart-jumping, or other confusing cart behavior, so I’m going to work on getting that cleaned up
Thanks again for sticking with us through this very difficult month. You are the best!
If you recall, we had to change the IP of the server (see this post). This happened early Friday morning. Normally, this process takes just a few hours, but things were running very slowly across the internet yesterday, and it took a good part of the day before many users were able to access the site (others were able to access it all day with no issue, go figure). There were also other issues that happened yesterday including Paypal notifications not working correctly (before the IP was updated for the Paypal servers) and HC emails not going out.
These issues should be fixed now. If you are still experiencing problems, please let us know at email@example.com and we’ll work to get them fixed. Additionally, all active stores received 24 hours of paid time as compensation for the slow DNS propagation (although that is out of our control).
Thanks for sticking with us. We fully expect to see smooth sailing from here on in
In our continuing Hyena Cart saga, it turns out that the new host assigned us an IP that must have been used for sending spam in the past, because it has a “Poor” reputation on many email monitoring third-party sites. That means that some email providers have been blocking all emails sent by our IP / server. The host will be assigning us a new IP over the weekend, (early Sunday morning, so you shouldn’t notice any disruption in accessibility to the site) and you should receive all emails after that. Again, thank you for all your patience through this transition!
Just a quick note to let you know that all current accounts (defined as store accounts that had a paid date within the last 2 months, and Spots’ Corner accounts with a paid date within the last month) have been compensated with 48 hours of paid time. Emails have been sent to everyone who received compensation time, but they will take a few hours to all go out. If you feel you were missed or should receive more than 48 hours of compensation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.